Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fitness Pros

Over the past several weeks I’ve been getting a lot of questions about fitness bootcamps websites.
The questions have ranged from “should I have a website for my bootcamp business”, all the way to “who built your websites”, and pretty much everywhere in between.
So I tracked down the one guy pretty much the entire fitness industry goes to for website help, President of Fitness Website Design, Allen Hill.
He’s been my go to guy for all my websites and he’s privately coached some pretty big names in the fitness industry - names like Eric Ruth, Jim Labadie, Patrick Rigsby, and several others.
I asked Allen to shed some light on fitness bootcamp websites so I could share it with you. Here’s what he had to say…

Georgette Pann: As a fitness professional running bootcamps, do I really need a website? What will that do for my bootcamp business?
Allen Hill: In today’s society, ANY business needs a website. In the U.S., 70% of consumers find local service providers using local searches at the search engines.
That means, if you don’t have a website for your local service business (i.e., your fitness bootcamp), you’re completely invisible in the ONE place the biggest portion of your local target market is looking for you!
So the biggest reason you need a website for your fitness bootcamp is simply to be found when your target customer comes looking for what you offer.
If you don’t have a website for your fitness bootcamp, the very customer you’re trying to attract will end up giving your money to someone else, simply because they found their website.
Now obviously, your fitness bootcamp website can (and should) do more than just “get found”. It should actively move people deeper and deeper into your marketing funnels – in other words, it should bring the people who visit your site closer and closer to spending money with you (and re-spending money with you via repeat purchases).
But we can get into more of that exciting stuff later. ;-)
GP: What should an effective fitness bootcamp website include?
AH: Several things really. If your bootcamp website is going to do its primary job of “getting found” at the major search engines, the actual design (or layout) of the site has to be search engine friendly.
Otherwise, the entire thing is pointless.
So first of all, your site will need to be designed so it can rank well at Google and Yahoo, and that starts with your site’s layout.
But like I said a minute ago…
A bootcamp website has to do more than just show up at Google when your local prospects look. Your site has to get people interested and motivated enough to take action. Not later, not when they get a free minute – your site needs to get your visitors to take action right now.
And in my opinion, that does NOT mean you need them to sign up for your bootcamp and pay right now. So I think offering your bootcamp packages for direct purchase right away is a mistake.
To me, it’s VITAL to get that interested visitor on your mailing list first so you can continue to market to them, both now, and in the future. Once they’re on your mailing list, THEN you can let them pay for your bootcamp online, but not until.
To me, that’s the absolute most important thing your bootcamp website should include – some way (preferably multiple ways) to build opt-in mailing lists.
That’s the real key to success in promoting anything online, and fitness bootcamps are no exception.
For my private clients, typically we’ll design a minimum of 5 different ways to add visitors to their mailing lists. And I also show my private clients how to program automated email messages into their mailing lists.
This is what I was referring to when I mentioned moving people deeper and deeper into your marketing funnels…
I like to set up each of the mailing lists with pre-written email messages designed to get the reader to either buy something you offer, and enter into other automated mailing lists (also pre-programmed with email messages designed to promote your offers).
Actually, I’ve written a book on exactly how I create these automated marketing funnels. It shows you how I come up with the ideas, how I create the content for those emails, even how I make sure each of these emails is as profitable as it can be.
I’ve detailed the entire system I teach my private clients (and actually use myself) at http://www.FitnessEcourseMarketing.com.
So to sum up the question, your fitness bootcamp website should have…
1. A search engine friendly design/layout
2. Multiple ways to get people on your mailing lists
Those are really the bare minimum if you want to see any kind of real profit potential from a bootcamp website.
Of course, there are many other things you could add to a fitness bootcamp website to make it even more effective at generating revenue, like adding online registration and payment features.
Those are some things I’ll actually be sharing more about in my newsletter and on my blog at…
Fitness Website Profits Newsletterhttp://www.FitnessWebsiteDesign.com/automated-income.html
Fitness Web Hosting Bloghttp://www.FitnessWebHosting.com/blog
...so if you’re interested in ways to make your fitness bootcamp website even more profitable, stop by and check us out.
GP: How can I set up a bootcamp website on a limited budget?
AH: At http://www.FitnessWebsiteDesign.com we offer several different options that can fit into any budget.
We offer everything from custom bootcamp websites designed from scratch, all the way to several options you can use to build your own website.
Whether you want a website built for you, or you want to do it all on your own (or even anywhere in between), we can help you find a way to get it done right and within your budget.
If you want more information on our fitness bootcamp websites you can visit us at…
http://www.FitnessWebsiteDesign.com/fitness-bootcamp-websites.html

Thank You,Allen….You might want to check out Allen’s lates Fitness Tool…FitnessSiteCenter
Georgette Pann…Creator of Sure Victory Bootcamp Kit

No comments:

My Recommended Resources