Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Here Are 4 Things You Should Know About Bodyweight Exercise

Here Are 4 Things You Should Know About Bodyweight Exercise
by DK Fynn

I've been doing bodyweight exercise training for a whilenow. In that time, I've discovered a few things that youmight want to know about bodyweight exercising and how tobest approach it. By knowing these 4 things, you'll be ableto overcome some problems you might run into, or even avoidthem altogether.
Had I known these 4 things when I started, I'd have avoideda few surprises:
1. If at first, it seems that you can't do a lot, don't bediscouraged. You're learning a new form of exercise. It'sbetter to focus on proper execution and movement technique,rather than on speed or numbers.
Like anything else that's new for you, it takes practice andpatience to become proficient at your new bodyweightexercises. This brings me to my second piece of advice...
2. ...You don't always have to work yourself toexhaustion--at least not at first, so go easy on yourself.
3. Don't overload yourself by trying to master too manyexercises at one time. If you're new, learning a lot of newexercises, I advise you to master the few ones you likebest. After that, then you can move on to other exercises.
When you can do a previously-challenging exercise a certainnumber of times, with proper technique, then you can move onto conquering the next exercise. Only you can really knowhow many new exercises you can take on at one time withoutoverwhelming yourself. What I'm saying here is to keep itmanageable, so that you don't get overwhelmed anddiscouraged.
Just last week, I was doing a challenging workout, and I wasgetting a bit light-headed. I then realized that I hadforgotten something...
4. ...Breathe. Try forcefully pushing or whistling the airout of your lips as you push yourself past a tough spot. Infact, keep breathing, no matter how hard, throughout theentire movement of the exercise. Make sure you don't holdyour breath; or, at the very least, make sure you don'tbecome light-headed like I did. If you hold your breath atsome sticking points, just make sure it doesn't become ahabit. Don't perform a movement faster than your body cankeep up with.
The newly completed http://bodyweight.shortcutfitnesssecrets.com BodyweightExercise Report"will show you 7 great bodyweightexercises and routines that you can start doing...right now!DK Fynn, a former FAME America Male Model, guides you,step-by-step.

No comments:

My Recommended Resources